“Salespeople are like Catfish; scum sucking bottom dwellers!”
If this offends you, then you got my point. Of course I don’t really think salespeople are like catfish. Mercy, I am one and I’m proud of it. The sales professionals I work with are certainly not like Catfish.
The problem is most of the general public thinks salespeople and the sales profession is a bunch of slimy, plaid coat wearing, snake oil, self centered, money grubbing Catfish. It’s not me, or the sales professionals I’ve worked with for 25 years of coaching, training, sales and sales leadership development and sales hiring, it’s the impression given by a few who stain our profession.
Here is my definition of The Perfect Salesperson:
- You are self-directed.
- You prospect new business like a machine.
- When you prospect, you get introductions to Chief Executives because you always call at the top.
- You effortlessly glide past gatekeepers, electronic and human.
- You set strong appointments with Chief Executives and Business Owners who look forward to your visit.
- When you arrive, you gently take control of the interview.
- You are so skilled at deep bonding and trust, your personal presence seduces your prospect to open up and tell you their deepest, darkest secrets.
- You ask compelling, potent, hard hitting questions which rock your prospect’s world.
- Your listening skills are so honed you are able to deeply understand what your prospects want, and how to give it to them.
- Your selling skills are perfect.
- You’re able to close in one call.
- You get your price, at your terms and conditions.
- And the customer is delighted to do so.
- In fact, each of your clients sets up referral appointments with five fellow CEOs. You regularly face and overcome adversity of all magnitudes.
- Setbacks are short-lived and have no negative impact on you.
- You take accountability for and take necessary action to create improvement in your life.
- People are drawn to your natural resilience and optimism.
If you’d like to Upgrade Your Sales Staff with these kinds of Sales Professionals, we can help!
Sign up now for our Webinar presentation; “The Magic of the OMG Sales Candidate Assessment”
Head Coach & CEO