When attending events, do you ever wonder how to mingle, network, and make the most of the meetings without turning people off or looking like a “typical” sales guy?
Below are the Top 10 Ways to Make Favorable Impressions and New Contacts at an event:
1. Interested people are interesting. Show sincere interest in other people.
2. Stop thinking about yourself and don’t be self-critical.
3. Give more referrals than you get. (Emerson’s Law of Compensation)
4. Seek respect, not approval.
5. Get out of your comfort zone and don’t spend time with people you already know.
6. Don’t confuse professionalism with friendliness.
7. Find a way to make people feel better about themselves.
8. Talk about the problems you solve – not the features/ benefits of your work.
9. Ask questions and listen to the answers.
10. When you want to talk, shut up and listen some more.
Attract people to you by remembering the new Golden Rule: Do unto others as they would have done unto them! (Notice it varies just a little from what your Kindergarten teacher taught you). Reserve time in your calendar and plan to call your new contacts.
Bonus tips to remember: Keep your breath in check and do not get into someone’s personal space.
For more information about sales development goto www.mytraininganddevelopment.com