Meet Lammy I to the left and Lammy II to the right, with Zena the Whip A#$ Warrior Princess in the middle. Lammy I and Lammy II are Zenas best friends! Stage left out of camera Surgeon Mommy putting away the sewing kit.
Lammy I and Lammy II had to spend some time in urgent care. Seems there was too much violent shaking, tossing, dragging, and gnashing that caused trauma to all limbs.
Do you think Zena looks satisfied or content? Here’s a sales question for ya!
Is it better to be content or satisfied?
In my humble opinion I’d rather have a team of unsatisfied hungry, teeth gnashing salespeople.
A wise man once told me- “satisfaction is the nemesis of desire’ well, I don’t know about you but an empty checkbook is extremely motivating for me! What does data suggest?
Check out the charts below. Here is a link to see your team’s Desire.
In the past 30 years I can tell you how to recognize salespeople with a lack of desire. They will:
• Not be excited to wake up and ‘go get’em’.
• Will be bored in sales.
• Are not fighting hard to win business.
• Don’t laugh or have fun in sales.
• Could care less about the current contest.
• Are burnt out!
• Talk about what used to be instead of what’s to come.
• Show up with no sizzle.
• Bring down the rest of the team. Picture Eeyore.
• Don’t have personal goals that requires the extra oust and going the extra mile.
• Leave business on the table
• Cost companies Exponential lost margin!
• Resist change.
It’s ok to be content for a moment of celebration but constant content kills sales.
It’s an easy fix! Fire them and rehire them in the same conversation. Then apply enhanced coaching, accountability, with a personal goals plan. If you need help with this, we are your new best friend.