If you missed out on our previous posts, first check out Sales Tips #1, #2, #3, #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9 , #10 & #11
This is one of the most critical step in the hiring process. Take the time and don’t cut corners here. The more detailed the better.
Start at the end of 90 days and work backwards. Then go to 60 days, then 30. Break down the 30 days into 4 weeks and each week into days.
Follow the Plan and Execute. Here are just a few of the 50+ elements that should be included in your 90 day on-boarding plan:
- Who are the prospects?
- Why are they prospects?
- Who is the completion?
- How do we beat them?
- What is the typical sales cycle?
- How can it be shortened?
- What are the internal workings of the company?
- Who do they go to for support?
- What is the messaging?
- What are the positioning statements or elevator pitch?
- What are the Value statements?
- What sales process do you follow?
Hire slow and fire fast. If the new employee won’t do what you ask in the first 90 days they certainly won’t do it after that! Keep a high bar and raise it often.
If you’d like to learn more about how we help companies hire stronger sales staff →Click Here