The Phone Screen is straightforward once the candidate has been found Recommended or Worthy of Consideration from the Candidate Assessment.
The phone screen is designed to add another layer of disqualification. It should only take a few minutes. Simply schedule the call and ask some questions based on your add. Listen for their ability to answer a question with good communication skills. Remember this is what your future clients are going to hear.
- Do you hear John Wayne or the Marshmallow man?
- Can they speak intelligently about their experience?
- Do they avoid answering your hard questions?
- Do they ask you any questions?
- Is this someone, your clients, would be impressed with?
It’s recommended to keep a log and journal to define how you are consistently conducting the phone interview. Remember EEOC! Before you do, give them a put-off and see how they react. Listen for passiveness or aggressiveness. Acutely observe their ability to either accept the put-off or overcome it too hard, or deal with it just right. It’s the Goldilocks theory!
If you’d like to learn more about how we help companies hire stronger sales staff →Click Here